Computer Virus:- Computer virus is a small software program that is designed to enter a computer without users‘ permission or knowledge and spread from one computer to another.
Computer Worm Computer Worm is a program that is very similar to a virus. It has ability to self-replicate. It actively spreads itself over the network, copies itself from one disk drive to another or copies using email.
Trojan horse: – Some time users are tempted to download and install it on their machine without knowing what it does at the time of downloading software.
Spyware: Spyware is software that tracks and sends personally identifiable information or confidential information to third parties. Spyware is designed for commercial gain.
- Ensure that the operating system and any program one uses are up to date with patches/updates.
- Block unwanted email viruses by installing a spam filter and spam
- When browsing the internet, always watch what one clicks and installs. Do not simply click OK to dismiss pop-up
- Install anti-virus software; scan and update
- Install anti-spyware/anti-adware; scan and update regularly. It will remove and (depending on the software) prevent future adware and